Re: Skipping unexec via a big .elc file

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: Skipping unexec via a big .elc file
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 04:40:50 -0400

On Mar 31, 2017, at 02:57, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> This fixes the problem, and Emacs now starts OK, so the abbrevs issue
> is also solved.

Great!

> I think you should push all the changes you asked me to apply as
> patches.

Will do, probably this weekend.

> What is the roadmap ahead?  Are there any known issues left, before we
> can consider this be a candidate for merging to master, and asking
> people to test it in their routine workflows before we actually merge?
>
> Thanks.

There are a number of issues on my list.  Some can be dealt with while people
are experimenting, or even after merging.  Others may affect usability, like
the current inability to report clearly and consistently if dumped.elc can’t be
found.  I haven’t even tested doing “make install”; I always run Emacs from the
build tree.  There are a few other minor bugs, like a few unprintable
definitions not getting dumped, that it’d be nice to address; I’ll go back over
my list and take a look.

Ken