Re: mouse-wheel-scroll

From: Tak Kunihiro
Subject: Re: mouse-wheel-scroll
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 15:06:40 +0900

I think that current ones scroll too fast than other applications.
With the proposed values, speed is more controlled by operating
system.

When I switch from Firefox to Emacs and spin a wheel quarter to
scroll 10 lines, I see Emacs got <wheel-down> 10 times.  With the
default configuration, Emacs scrolls 50 lines and I will get lost.
I think with the current mouse-wheel-scroll-amount gives scroll too
fast.

Also acceleration of input devices can be controlled by operating
system.  On such system with mouse-wheel-progressive-speed t, scroll
is doubly accelerated.