Re: [Emacs-diffs] master adfb6f1: Continue to fix bug#25607

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master adfb6f1: Continue to fix bug#25607
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 10:41:36 -0400

> According to recent Tramp changes, binding `non-essential' in ido-mode
> is not needed anymore. I've removed the bindings.

Fundamentally, I think that ido should bind non-essential somewhere so
as not to "accidentally" open up a new connection and ask for
a password, but given the way ido.el is structured it's not completely
clear how/where this should be done.  So I think not binding
non-essential is good enough for now.

Thanks.

        Stefan