Re: ENWC Development

From: Ian Dunn
Subject: Re: ENWC Development
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:49:42 -0500

Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden> writes:

> With this added scanning worked: I got a list of wireless networks!

Hurray!

> Some small requests: Instead of throwing and error, could enwc automatically
> figure out (possibly by prompting me) what my wired and wireless interfaces
> are?

I like this idea.  Here's how I imagine it:

1. Set the default values of the interfaces to an empty string or nil
2. If unset during enwc-setup, use ip or ifconfig (or other customizable
program) to determine the available interfaces and prompt the user for each one

It's probably possible to automate it more, but I don't see much benefit.  In
all likelihood, it'd be easier and more accurate to collect the interfaces and
present them to the user for selection.

What do you think?

> Also: sorting the list of networks by clicking a header should ideally not
> scroll it (currently, sorting by e.g. Essid will sometimes scroll all but two
> or
> three networks out of the screen).

Reproduced.  This is an issue with tabulated-list-mode.  I'll see what I can do.

--
Ian Dunn