Re: vc with svn and git

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: vc with svn and git
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 12:32:30 -0600

address@hidden (Alfred M. Szmidt) writes:
>   Alfred, want to have a try at that patch instead?  I think it might
>   not be very large.  It looks like `vc-registered' in
>   lisp/vc/vc-hooks.el is the key function.
>
>I'm swamped currently. :(

Me too, alas.  But this thread has produced some useful knowledge:

1) The proposed improvement is welcome (i.e., no one considers the current way
of doing things to be optimal).

2) Remember to correctly handle directories that are under the control of more
than one VCS (I do that trick sometimes myself, so I'm embarrassed I didn't
think of it in my original followup; thanks to Richard Copley for pointing it
out).

3) A thing looked like it might be a caching layer is actually a hook system,
that some people are using.