[Emacs-diffs] master fd8f724: * src/xdisp.c (overlay_arrows_changed_p):

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: [Emacs-diffs] master fd8f724: * src/xdisp.c (overlay_arrows_changed_p): Fix last change.
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 18:10:02 +0200

Stefan, I don't understand the new semantics of
overlay_arrows_changed_p, and even less so after your latest updates.
The commentary which documents that function's contract is now
incorrect, but I don't know how to fix it, because the return value
changes based on conditions that make no sense to the caller.

I'd prefer to change the function to return true if overlay arrows or
overlay arrow string have changed, regardless of whether the argument
to the function is true or false and regardless of whether it sets the
buffer's redisplay flag.  Then the previous contract will still be
correct, with just an addition of a side effect when the argument is
true.  Any reasons not to do that?