Re: 24 bit colour on TTYs -- make it customisable?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 24 bit colour on TTYs -- make it customisable?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 05:31:26 +0200

> From: Juliusz Chroboczek <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 21:30:09 +0100
>
> I've only had a quick look at the code, but it's my understanding that
> the feature is only enabled if terminfo has non-standard properties
> setb24 and setf24.  Since it's easier to add a line to .emacs than
> compiling a new terminfo, I'd like a way to enable the support without
> hacking terminfo.

We don't support such methods with any other color modes, they all
rely on terminfo and/or special-purpose terminal commands Emacs issues
at startup time.

I agree that being able to enable/disable color modes from .emacs
would be a nice feature, if it is possible, but the new 24-bit color
mode is not the odd one out here.

> I'm definitely getting only 256 colours in a recent Debian testing XTerm.

I don't think that xterm supports this mode.