Re: Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 13:35:33 -0600

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> LS> For the foreseeable future, CEDET belongs in core.
>
> I'm agreed that Semantic at least belongs in core, but I still don't think all
> of CEDET belongs there.

Ok.

But the first step is to merge upstream with Emacs core (not bringing in
new features), and fix all the byte-compiler warnings, get the tests
integrated, etc.

Then we can discuss what to do with the remaining portions of upstream
CEDET.

Then we can discuss what CEDET portions might easily be moved out of
Emacs core into a Gnu ELPA package(s).

--
-- Stephe