Re: PATCH: iso-cvt.elL: add \textquestiondown ¿

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: PATCH: iso-cvt.elL: add \textquestiondown ¿
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 22:36:17 +0000

>> Attached find a trivial patch which adds \textquestiondown to be
>> translated to ¿.

> I guess even better would be to merge iso-tex2iso-trans-tab with quail's
> latin-ltx.

But I thought iso-cvt.el is for converting 7bit strings in (La)TeX
files, to latin-1, utf8 or whatever while the quail stuff is independent
that and for input only, at least I cannot see any conversion function
in latin-ltx.

So if I understand you correctly you would like to merge iso-cvt.el with
quail-ltx.el? So that one would end up only with one translation table
and then either input functionality or conversion functionality.

Do I understand that correctly? But I don't think that it would be
helpful that \textquestiondown would be expanded to ¿ while typing.
Using auctex usually people would use macros to insert that.

But maybe I miss the point.