Re: Bug #25608 and the comment-cache branch

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Bug #25608 and the comment-cache branch
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 18:28:49 +0000

Hello Stefan.

On Sat, Feb 04, 2017 at 13:18:56 -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > Instead, why don't you criticise comment-cache in a constructive
> > fashion?  Such as by pointing out potential problems it might cause.

> Don't be disingenous: we've been through that several times already.

Yes we have, but no potential problems comment-cache might cause have
been identified.  There's been generalized abstract philosophy on why
comment-cache is supposedly bad, but no real problems.  Nothing which
would cause Emacs to malfunction.

The fact is, comment-cache enables the proper functioning of
backward_comment.  The current master and the "alternative patch" are
both buggy.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).