Re: mark-whole-buffer and unnecessary (point) call

From: dptd dptd
Subject: Re: mark-whole-buffer and unnecessary (point) call
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 12:43:53 +0200

On 28 Jan 2017, at 12:28, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 11:55:47 +0200
From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

Searching for "(push-mark (point))" finds 28 hits

And 97 hits for "(push-mark)", including 3 in simple.el.

Alright so I think I can assume for now that call to (point) is really not needed in such scenarios.
I will unify it in the whole repo and try to send my first patch. We will see what will happen…
If it will be accepted then I will update “An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp” tex file.

Thanks Eli. :)