Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/raeburn-startup 9919e41 2/2: Exclude comma sym

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/raeburn-startup 9919e41 2/2: Exclude comma symbols from print-symbols-as-references processing.
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 14:30:58 -0500

On Jan 12, 2017, at 08:03, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

>> +       && ! EQ (Qcomma, obj)
>> \
>> +       && ! EQ (Qcomma_at, obj)
>> \
>> +       && ! EQ (Qcomma_dot, obj)))
>
> I can't think of any reason why the same problem wouldn't affect `quote'
> and `

They’re winding up in the table, too, but they get written out using printchar,
while the comma symbols are written out using print_object, which will use the
“#” forms.  Or, rather, pairs starting with quote and ` are written out that
way.  Otherwise, my dumped.elc has #1=quote and #954=\`, and #1# and #954# are
emitted like any other symbol.

Changing the printing of the comma symbols to use printchar probably would’ve
worked as well.  In fact, thinking on it, it might be cleaner, special-casing
not the symbols but the generation of the special output syntax.  I’ll have
another look at that tonight.

Ken