Re: lldb support

From: Toon Claes
Subject: Re: lldb support
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 22:35:01 +0100

On 10 Nov 2016, at 18:19, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

These could be the result of not activating the MI mode in lldb-mi,
because of the previous error message.  How about asking the lldb-mi
maintainers what should be the correct invocation of this tool?

Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply.
But I did contact the llvm-dev mailing list (because I was not allowed to post on the lldb-dev mailing list) and I got this reply from Adrian Prantl:
The subset of MI commands that lldb-mi currently understands is very narrow and was added to support one specific consumer (I think it might have been Eclipse, but I could be misremembering). In any case, it looks like lldb-mi is missing the implementation for certain MI commands that Emacs is expecting. Adding these shouldn't be too much work if you're building on top of the LLDB scripting API.
(see http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2017-January/108663.html)

So I think it would be best to submit patches to lldb instead of emacs.

-- Toon