Re: UI input unresponsive on macOS

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: UI input unresponsive on macOS
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 14:36:21 +0000

On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 05:36:01AM -0800, Bob Halley wrote:
> I was running from the master branch with a build containing the
> recent macOS event changes,
> e0e5b0f4a4ce1d19ee0240c514dedd873d4165dc, and the UI became
> unresponsive to the mouse and keyboard. I had to kill Emacs by hand.
>
> I was in the middle of something so I rolled back to my prior Emacs
> build. I also am not sure how to debug this. If someone tells me how
> to gather info that’s useful should this happen again, I’m willing
> to reinstate the build and report if it fails.

Hi Bob, I’m working on coming up with a better solution.

Can you try the attached patch? So far the only problem I’ve seen is
that emacsclient doesn’t return to the shell when it exits. I suspect
it’s because I’m not monitoring write or exeption fds correctly.

If you spot any other problems, either reply here or to bug 25265.

Additionally, if anyone has any better ideas of how to deal with
ns_select, please feel free to let me know.
--
Alan Third