Re: Patches for Emacs 25.2

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Patches for Emacs 25.2
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 14:32:51 +0300

On 31.12.2016 07:20, Nikolay Kudryavtsev wrote:

b) Write to that file. Here we need the absolute path. We also extract
some args during writing.

Doesn't the master version of vc-git-checkin use the local name for this operation?

With this in mind I don't see how we can get rid of (file-remote-p
msg-file 'localname) other than storing it in a local variable, which is
a questionable improvement.

Not rid of it, but compute msg-file as the local name just once.

Note: we cannot use file-local-name here, since it was only introduced
on master.

You can inline its definition. It's tiny.

I guess I'm kind of late(again) with the new pretest out, but I really
think this bug is pretty major and worth the effort, though YMMV.

I get that it's a real problem, but since you didn't hurry to reply, and nobody else complained about this problem in the meantime, it's probably not too urgent IMHO.

Though it's not up to me to decide.