Re: Reformat all of src/

From: Tino Calancha
Subject: Re: Reformat all of src/
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 21:04:13 +0900 (JST)

On Thu, 29 Dec 2016, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

A single change which affects only whitespace
won't cause any confusion no matter how many places that whitespace
is changed.

It makes digging into code history harder, especially when files are
also renamed later.

We arrived at the current convention of not doing such changes unless
real code changes are also committed based on our practice, so I don't
think we should reverse that decision.
Is just a voluntary convention?  Is is prefered or discouraged?
If the former, then we might encourage it adding some instructions
in CONTRIBUTE about when/how do this thing.

When i am changing a function which uses tabs for indentation, i
think that is a good opportunity to change such func. to use white
spaces instead.  The reason why i don't do it by default in any commit
is the lack of official instructions on this subject.