Re: current-active-maps doesn't look at emulation-mode-map-alists, why?

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: current-active-maps doesn't look at emulation-mode-map-alists, why?
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2016 22:04:51 -0500

On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 8:50 PM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:

> What makes you think it doesn't?

Oops. It was a mixup on my end. I had a test where `key-binding'
wasn't returning what I expected and I missed that current_minor_maps
checks emulation-mode-map-alists. So I made a wrapping function which
overrides `this-command-keys-vector' and adds the keymaps from
emulation-mode-map-alists explicitly. But in fact, that second thing
is 100% redundant (the first is needed because I have a binding to
(menu-item ... :filter ...) where the filter uses
`this-command-keys-vector' to make its decision).

Sorry for the noise.