Re: scrolling in shell buffer

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: scrolling in shell buffer
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 18:27:36 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 13:15:13 -0500
>
>   > Also, various terminal emulators on GUI systems let me scroll the
>   > console window past its end, and don't scroll it back each time the
>   > shell or some command run from the shell outputs something.
>
> Can you tell me the names of some that do this, and how I can see an
> example for myself?

I stand corrected.  I wrote what I wrote because I had a vivid mental
picture of that in my mind, but after looking around, I see that no
terminal emulator behaves like that.  I guess I was thinking about
Emacs buffers, where we indeed can scroll forward past the end of the
buffer using the scroll bar.

Sorry.