Re: Condition to link to javascript code?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: Condition to link to javascript code?
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 12:28:52 +0100

Hi,

>   > But I expect most people want to put the resulting HTML somewhere on
>   > a web server.  In this case, they might find useful to use klipse.js
>   > by linking to the location of that library.
>
> Is this feature mainly intended for exporting HTML to put on
> a server for others to visit?  That does make sense, finally.

Yes, it’s meant for exporting a Org file so other people can read it.  In
a recent example, an author was using the setup for publishing his
induction notes for programming for students on his website.

> If it's a choice between linking to klipse.js on the same server
> and linking to klipse.js on the Google server, I see no particular
> ethical reason to prefer one or the other.

OK.

> The ethical issue that does arise here is that it would be good to
> give the user the power to optionally select a (perhaps modified)
> version of klisp.js to use.  Is that possible?

Yes, it's  just the default  value of a defcustom.   You can change  it to
point to  whichever version  you like  — even on  a file-by-file  basis, I
think.

Rasmus

--
One thing that is clear: it's all down hill from here