Re: Is it the 40th Anniversary of Emacs

From: Tino Calancha
Subject: Re: Is it the 40th Anniversary of Emacs
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 23:02:02 +0900 (JST)

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016, Toon Claes wrote:

Hi,

2016 is almost over, and we still haven't picked a date to celebrate
GNU Emacs's 40the anniversary.

I stumbled upon this thread from earlier this year:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-02/msg01643.html

I like December 25, like RMS is suggesting, and we still can prepare the
/birthday party/.
FWIW i found 25 December a bad candidate.  Regardless of if it was
or not the actual day of birth of Jesus, it's the day when
millions of christians celebrate it.

In the other hand Emacs deserves having a date for itself: not sharing
a day with another kind of celebration.

Regards,
Tino