Re: the window tree, window-combination-limit

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: the window tree, window-combination-limit
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 18:59:12 +0200

> From: John Yates <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 11:43:30 -0500
> Cc: Emacs developers <address@hidden>, Mike Kupfer <address@hidden>
>
> On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 5:09 AM, martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>  I now tried to improve the doc-string of ‘window-combination-resize’ but
>  am aware that describing this option without describing the behavior in
>  much more detail and examples is fruitless. Suggestions welcome.
>
> ​I doubt that doc strings are the place to convey the window
> management model. A chapter in the reference manual would
> be very much appreciated.

Martin wrote/extended such a chapter, see the node "Windows and
Frames", and the nodes which follow it, in the ELisp manual.  There's
also "Displaying Buffers" in the user manual, with its 2 sub-sections.

If you think something is missing or unclear there, please tell the
details, preferably as bug reports.

TIA