Re: Preview: portable dumper

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: Preview: portable dumper
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 11:14:17 -0800

On Wed, Nov 30 2016, John Wiegley wrote:

> EZ> Maybe, maybe not. I don't understand why we need to grasp the first straw
> EZ> we see around to get rid of unexec. What's the rush?
>
> Eli has a good point here, there really is no rush. Daniel, would you be
> willing to continue to incubate these changes in a branch, while we also
> consider and explore alternatives?

No. This code isn't disruptive to the Emacs core if it's used, so
there's no reason to keep it out of master.  Experience with the
concurrency branch tells me that interesting work in some feature branch
ghetto never actually gets merged.

I maintain that Eli's concerns about maintainability are unfounded.