Re: Regarding performance issues with the Emacs 25.1 Windows-build

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Regarding performance issues with the Emacs 25.1 Windows-build
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 17:17:40 +0200

> From: Jostein Kjønigsen <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
>  address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 14:30:47 +0100
>
> Yes. This is with all the dependencies added, systematically and scripted, as
> outlined in the test-setup
> procedure. Both builds are tested using the same test-setup. libxml2-2.dll is
> found in the bin folder for all
> tested configurations.
>
> For whatever reason your latest build seems unable to load these dependencies.
>
> If libxml fails to load, my assumption was that other dependencies like
> image-support, GnTLS support, etc
> would also fail to load. So I did a test: I ran the following in a scratch
> buffer:
>
> (gnutls-available-p).
>
> On your build I'm getting "nil". For the other GNU builds, I'm getting "t".
> Again: I'm using the exact same
> test-setup across all Emacs versions here.
>
> Your 25.1.2-build clearly has fundamental issues with loading external
> libraries, although I'm not particularly
> qualified to point out what is failing here.

I think the problem is that you downloaded a 64-bit build of Emacs,
but your dependencies are from the ezwinports site, which provides
only 32-bit DLLs, and those cannot be loaded by 64-bit programs.

You should either use the 64-bit dependencies from the GNU FTP site,
or wait for Phillip to upload a new 32-bit build to the GNU FTP site.