Turning off password prompting?

From: Noah Evans
Subject: Turning off password prompting?
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 20:54:38 +0000

 Hey all,

I have a set of expect scripts that interact with various services to launch a custom application on multiple servers, however when I do the launch, comint-watch-for-password-prompt minibuffers pop up even though expect is doing the password handling.

Looking at the source code and seeing how the hooks are installed I don't see any way to turn password prompting off. Am I missing anything? If not I'd like to propose adding a few millisecond delay that checks to see if execution has continued past the password prompt. If so someone/something has entered the password "behind Emacs' back" and there's no need to prompt.

Thoughts?

Noah