Re: emacs-25 f708cb2: Clarify doc string of 'transpose-sexps'

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs-25 f708cb2: Clarify doc string of 'transpose-sexps'
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2016 20:30:38 +0200

> From: Stephen Berman <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2016 18:50:03 +0100
>
> If the innermost sexp containing point is a list or string, you cannot
> transpose that sexp with another sexp.

IMO, this is not useful.  The doc string should explain this stuff
from the POV of the user who invokes the command.  That user always
knows which sexps she would like to transpose.  That's what I tried to
do with my change, by explicitly alluding to the sexps to be
transposed.

Improvements are welcome, but the above isn't, IMO.

Thanks.