Re: feature/integrated-elpa 4f6df43 15/23: README added

From: Alain Schneble
Subject: Re: feature/integrated-elpa 4f6df43 15/23: README added
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 22:13:09 +0200

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Alain Schneble writes:
>> Of course.  The order of directories in load path is always relevant.
>> Whatever structure we choose.
>
> Good.  Now take that last step: if you want to be sure that you don't
> load something you don't want to be loaded, it must not be found via
> load-path at all times during the lifetime of the Emacs process.

Sorry I can't follow.  The last step of what?  Who wants to load
something we don't want to be loaded?

>                                                                   That
> precludes almost all solutions that depend on removal or shadowing
> during later steps in the initialization sequence and where
> not-yet-to-be-initialized packages become visible when initializing
> another package.

I can only think of some inconsistent inter-package dependencies here.
But this will be covered by the "requires min package version"
dependency management that is already in place in package.el AFAIK.

Alain