Re: Proposal: font lock for `describe-variable`

From: Tino Calancha
Subject: Re: Proposal: font lock for `describe-variable`
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 22:57:01 +0900 (JST)

On 2016-10-11 01:59, Tino Calancha wrote:
In my case i prefer how *Help* buffer looks now an i would be
dissapointed if after one 'git pull', i found that *Help* buffer looks
very different.  But it's just my opinion :-)

Are there things the OP can do to minimize that disappointment?
My disappointment doesn't matter as longer as others find this patch nicer than what we have now.

Can you suggest specific improvements?
I can test the patch and report things that are not working properly
or that looks weird.  It's what i have done.  But I am not the right
person to suggest specific improvements in the fontification part
because i am not crazy with such fontifications: i do like how *Help* buffer looks now after `F1-v'.

But I will suggest another thing.  So far, the patch looks very large,
and it tries to perform 2 different tasks:
A) Simplify, refactorize the code.
B) Add fontification in some parts.

i am very interested in the part A.  IMO it's easier to review this
if first one patch is presented doing just A). Then, once we are happy with the first patch, the OP might prepare a patch on top of the previous
doing the remaining part, i.e., B).

Regards,
Tino