Re: [Emacs-diffs] feature/integrated-elpa 4f6df43 15/23: README added

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] feature/integrated-elpa 4f6df43 15/23: README added
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2016 21:42:59 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> Or if you meant without pushing at all, then none of the above would be
>> an issue, I think.  But the logic of getting ELPA core packages into the
>> Emacs directory tree would be a bit different, as it would have to get
>> the files from the local git clone.
>
> I was hoping the modified package.el will help us get the files from
> the repository, either local or remote, directly into the Emacs source
> tree.

Yes, I do not know how this would be be achieved at the moment. My hope
is that we can do some git cleverness so that checking out git emacs
would also pull the relevant bits of ELPA, and that when editing the
relevant bits of ELPA in the Emacs source, it should be possible to
commit directly back to ELPA.

Phil