Re: Proposal: font lock for `describe-variable`

From: Tianxiang Xiong
Subject: Re: Proposal: font lock for `describe-variable`
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 14:51:52 -0700

Here's a version that fixes a few issues:

1. Rings are handled separately. Surprisingly, rings are sequences (satisfy `sequencep`), but cannot be arguments to `length`. This seems like an error. See this StackOverlow question for more: http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/27335/rings-and-sequences

2. Large values are printed at the end, as before.

3. Regions have been tabified (is using tabs Emac Lisp style? It's considered bad style for most languages).

4. Newlines in strings have been put back in place.

@Tino Seems to me that the use of `princ` is bad form for plain text, as is wrapping separate sections in `(with-current-buffer standard-output)`. It's easier to wrap everything in a top-level `(with-current-buffer standard-output)` anyway.

TX