Re: Question about intended behavior of 'insert-for-yank-1'.

From: Davis Herring
Subject: Re: Question about intended behavior of 'insert-for-yank-1'.
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 14:16:58 -0600

You need to understand the logic behind the instructions in
CONTRIBUTE: the release branch should only get fixes that are either
necessary, or are safe, i.e. cannot possibly break the release.  And
doc changes obviously belong to this latter class.

I understand that logic.  However, do you mean s/only/always/ above?

I don't see the difference.  "Only" means "always" in this case.

The two possible meanings are "the release branch should get only fixes..." or "only the release branch should get fixes" (which is equivalent to "the release branch should get all fixes").

Of course, both can be true (iff).

Davis

--
This product is sold by volume, not by mass. If it appears too dense or too sparse, it is because mass-energy conversion has occurred during shipping.