Re: Dired: Improve symmetry in mark/unmark commands bound to keys

From: Tino Calancha
Subject: Re: Dired: Improve symmetry in mark/unmark commands bound to keys
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 03:25:06 +0900 (JST)

From: Tino Calancha <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 02:31:30 +0900 (JST)
Cc: address@hidden

I) Add optional argument in 6) unflag-p to behave as the others.
II) Add a new command `dired-mark-or-unmark-extension', as
`dired-mark-extension' but, in interactive calls:
* A prefix argument _unmark_ files.
I propose to rebind '* .' to this command instead of the
`dired-mark-extension'.
After I) and II) we have an uniform behaviour for all
commands marking files which are bound to keys.  Powerful and easy
to remember.

I'm okay with that proposal, but please leave the "* ." key sequence
at its present binding.  For the new dired-mark-or-unmark-extension
command, I can propose "* e" or "* x", which are not yet taken, both
of them mnemonically resembling "EXtension".
The binding "* e" looks very intuitive and easy to remember.
Thank you.