Re: Minor doc improvement in nt/INSTALL.W64

From: Alain Schneble
Subject: Re: Minor doc improvement in nt/INSTALL.W64
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 08:33:53 +0200

Nikolay Kudryavtsev <address@hidden> writes:

> I think you can just clone the repo and do:
>
> git config core.eol false
> git config core.safecrlf false
> git config core.autocrlf false
> git rm --cached -r .
> git reset --hard
>
> I tried repeating the issue, autogen.sh breaks on normal clone, this
> fixes it like the current procedure, but this does not require cloning
> again and does not touch the global git config.

FWIW, `git clone --config ...' doesn't touch global git config either.
This should be mentioned before a procedure like you propose, I think.
That's what I tried to document with the patch in my previous message:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-08/msg00416.html.

I'm not even sure if the procedure of "how to fix an already checked out
repository" should be part of this document.

Maybe `git clone --config ...' should be the preferred choice over the
option of altering the global git config?

Alain