Re: Emacs Mac port

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs Mac port
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 20:19:07 +0300

> Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 19:06:29 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
>  > I'm asking why it is wrong to do that in newer versions, as long as
>  > frame-resize-pixelwise is nil.
>
> Because we want to give users a nice experience, by default.

So basically, no matter what is the value of frame-resize-pixelwise,
we behave the same on Windows?  If so, I think we deprive users of the
flexibility to experience the other behavior, however unimportant it
may seem, and that is IMO a pity.

>  >> Look up `frame-resize-pixelwise' in the Elisp manual.
>  >
>  > But frame resizing by dragging by a mouse is a user-visible feature,
>  > not only for Lisp programmers.
>
> Why bother users

Because that's what manuals are about: bothering users with the
details of how the software works.  Those who don't want to read,
don't have to.