Re: Emacs Mac port

From: Marius Kjeldahl
Subject: Re: Emacs Mac port
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 10:41:45 +0000

Following up on my own post, I now noticed that there was a setting in my .emacs file that selected the bold weighting. Why "stock" Emacs did not respect that setting and this "Mac port" did I have no idea. Changed the default weight to normal and now both versions have identical fonts. A curious mind might want to know why the "stock" Emacs OSX build does not respect the bold weight. The specific setting from my .emacs is:

(custom-set-faces
 ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 '(default ((t (:stipple nil :inverse-video nil :box nil :strike-through nil :overline nil :underline nil :slant normal :weight normal :height 120 :width normal :family "Andale Mono")))))

Thanks,

Marius K.