LibreJS doesn't detect free software licenses with 100% accuracy (was: G

From: Clément Pit--Claudel
Subject: LibreJS doesn't detect free software licenses with 100% accuracy (was: Grave ethical problem in MELPA)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 09:22:19 -0400

On 2016-08-12 00:37, Richard Stallman wrote:

> I'm told that the MELPA site requires nonfree software:
>
>   > The navigational buttons do nothing while the rest of what would
>   > show on the homepage without LibreJS deactivated is absent.
>
> This is unethical and works directly against what we say.  Does anyone
> here know the site maintainers well enough to convince them to fix
> this?

Richard, why do you keep coming back to this? The MELPA website *does not*
require running non-free software. I don't think it ever did, and there doesn't
seem to be plans for it to ever do.  The people who run MELPA are providing
excellent service to the entire Emacs community, in a way that aligns entirely
with what we say.

Let's please stop equating "doesn't work with LibreJS" and "isn't free
software". The quote you give only proves that the MELPA website doesn't work
with LibreJS.  (Which is hardly an issue, btw: you don't need to browse this
website to download packages from MELPA)

Clément.