Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 8a38e94: Fix local printer set to left aligne

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 8a38e94: Fix local printer set to left aligned string formatter.
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 10:21:07 +0200

Le 02/08/2016 à 20:44, John Wiegley a écrit :

>> IMHO taking this bug fix is not risky and that would make the local printer
>> feature more complete.
>
> I'm sorry, Vincent, but I cannot take your assurance of this in light of the
> fact that we recently issued a release candidate. I am reverting your changes,
> but feel free to apply them to master.

Done.

> The reason for having a release freeze is to not accept commits like this,
> which have not been agreed upon by others as critical (needing to be fixed
> NOW), and which have not been reviewed by anyone else. If everyone were to
> commit whatever small fix they thought was safe, there would be no release.

I agree, no need to be sorry :-). As I had written in my previous email
I do not follow the emacs-devel list anyhow closely by lack of time. And
I am not aware of another list with _low_ traffic to make that sort of
announcement that a branch is in release freeze. That is why this is not
the first time that I do this "non critical correction on release-frozen
branch" mistake.

VBR,
        Vincent.

---