Re: Unbalanced change hooks (part 2) [Documentation fix still remaining]

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Unbalanced change hooks (part 2) [Documentation fix still remaining]
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 16:38:14 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 06:08:14PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 19:54:59 +0000
> > Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>

[ .... ]

> > > However, the patch you show below doesn't implement this, does it?

> > No, but the following does.  It looks kind of simple, given the problems
> > we've been through.  Maybe this one is the solution:

> LGTM, thanks.  Feel free to install, and close this issue.

DONE.

However there's still the inaccuracy in the Elisp documentation for
before-change-functions.  In particular there's the bit in "Change Hooks"
that says:

    This variable holds a list of functions to call before _ANY_ buffer
    modification.

, which is grossly misleading, at best.

Should I open another bug report for this, or are you just going to be
fixing it anyway (or giving me the info so that I can fix it)?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).