Re: why is site-lisp placed before the default load path?

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: why is site-lisp placed before the default load path?
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 16:07:19 -0400

RW> ​If a package unintentionally shadows/overrides a standard/core Emacs
RW> library, then it is the package that is broken and needs to be fixed.  If
RW> instead the behavior is intentional then that is what the current load-path
RW> order is designed to allow.

The point is that if sub directories are nto automatically included, it is
easier to  manage things.  Especially when using one's dist's packaging.

I had to make substantial changes to my .emacs when the auto sub dirs
was added to fix all of the damage that caused.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6