Re: Emacs 25.1 RC1 - some issues

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs 25.1 RC1 - some issues
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 08:52:30 -0400

> The first one is that font lock is too slow to activate, I have to
> turn off and then on the mode to get proper source decoration (java,
> scala, emacs lisp)

Please make it a proper bug report with as much info as possible to
diagnostic/reproduce it.

> completion--some: Symbol’s function definition is void: eieio-make
> -class-predicate [2 times]
[...]
> typep: Invalid function: class-p

Please try and give us a backtrace by enabling "Options => Enter
Debugger on Error".

There's a chance this is due to the fact that Emacs-25 breaks
binary compatibility with EIEIO.  More specifically, a package using
EIEIO and compiled with Emacs<25 won't work on Emacs-25 until you
recompile it (after which it won't work with Emacs<25 either).

        Stefan