Re: debbugs tracker builds character

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: debbugs tracker builds character
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 12:50:53 +0200

> I've just quoted the example given on the Github page, and they've used
> "Fixes #45". *If* we introduce something like this, I would be in favor
> of the established bug#45 format.

I guess the reason nobody has made a vc-message-to-debbugs bridge by now
is that nobody with interest in this have access to, or are comfortable
working on the FSF servers.  But it just occurred to me that this could
be set up anywhere.  Just subscribe the VC log list to an email address
and have a .forward script on that host parse the messages and send out
debbugs control messages.

(This script could also subscribe to the bug mailing list and send out
the previously discussed "tags patch" for reports containing patches...)

It sounds like a very small and simple ... Python script to me.  And
free software, of course, so that it can be moved around if the external
hosting proves to be unreliable.