Re: debbugs tracker builds character

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: debbugs tracker builds character
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 20:48:07 +0200

Robert Weiner <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Bob,

> ​Just curious if anyone looked at Roundup, the Python-based bug tracker
> when choosing debbugs.

Not that I'm aware of.

> I always found it small, fast and easy to use with both email and
> web-based control.​

Beside using email for bug handling, there were are criteria for
decision. One essential requirement is always the underlying license;
don't know whether ZPL 2.0 used by Roundup is sufficient for the
recommend bug tracker of Gnu projects.

Anyway, I believe this ship has sailed years ago. If somebody wants to
replace debbugs, (s)he must do heavy lobbying for it. Don't know whether
it could succeed, and whether it is worth the trouble. The better
approach seems to be to exploit debbugs to its best. IMO.

> Bob

Best regards, Michael.