Re: ¬ notation for not? Ref: Add a couple cells to lisp-prettify-symbols

From: Clément Pit--Claudel
Subject: Re: ¬ notation for not? Ref: Add a couple cells to lisp-prettify-symbols-alist
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 23:18:24 +0200

On 2016-07-10 06:44, Kaushal Modi wrote:
> Should these notations be instead suggested in the doc-string of
> lisp-prettify-symbols-alist? People interested to see these notations
> can then add that to their personal configs.

I use ¬ pretty commonly at work, but I'm not sure how well it works for Lisp: ¬
is a logical not, but lisp's ‘not’ is a bit more general (¬ t) looks quite
fine, but (¬ 1) looks like a type error to me, whereas (not 1) is fine :)

Stefan, maybe that's why you're more comfortable with that symbol in OCaml?

In any case, I'd vote in favor of reverting, and adding a suggestion to the
docstring.

Clément.