Re: Redisplay hook

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: Redisplay hook
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 17:28:23 -0400

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 5:00 PM, Clément Pit--Claudel <address@hidden> wrote:
The one downside is that the temporary files that it
generates tend to take a lot of space (about 3.5MB per screenshot).

​Why can't you just generate a lower resolution screenshot?  There must be a way to do so that would match the speed of capturing a higher resolution shot.

I'll send the code once I have a bit of time to clean it up.

​Great.  Ease of use and speed of generation would both help determine how much it is used.  How long, for example, does it take to generate the last video you showed with the annoations (after the frames have been captured)?

I also run Emacs natively on Mac OS X's display system, so I would have to find an​other frame capture program or else just run it under X for this use only.

Cheers,

Bob