Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2016 10:46:14 +0100

On Friday,  1 Jul 2016 at 16:17, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

[...]

> So one observation is, Org got where it is by taking some existing Emacs
> libraries, making them easier to use, and allowing them all to coexist
> in a single document.

I think this is the key issue: no other (or maybe some which I don't
know) major packages in Emacs attempt to bring together such disparate
functionalities.  It may be that this goes against some design
principles, most notably Unix with the basic idea of small tools which
connect via pipes, but it does mean that it is possible to manage a
significant project all within one file, or a collection files which are
bound quite seamlessly.

As a prose writing, programming and project management tool, it does
(for me) what other tools have been unable to do.

I am not being defensive when I say that org has changed how I
work.  Whether this is due to its design or in spite of its design, I
cannot say, but having task management, babel, exporting and outlining
all in one place is fantastic and makes org indispensable to my work
now.

I now just need gnus to be integrated within org and I will be set for
life! :-)

--
Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D)