Re: Emacs 25.0.04: Feature Request: Make called-interactively-p's argume

From: raman
Subject: Re: Emacs 25.0.04: Feature Request: Make called-interactively-p's argument optional
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 19:51:07 -0700

Along those lines I had once suggested that we make (interactive-p) a
synonym for (called-interactively-p 'interactive)  but it got rejected
through a complex email thread. That might still be worth doing.

Also, called-interactively-p as it exists  has other issues --
specifically  fails when called within advice forms. See related email
discussion from about a year ago -- as well as comments in the advice
implementation. --- for the record interactive-p used to work fine in
 advice forms for nearly 18 years --- it broke sometime during the
 transition from advice.el to advice.el plus nadvice.el and the arrival
 of called-interactively-p, all of which (relatively speaking) happened
 at around the same time.