Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 00:15:18 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>        #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>        (defun org-xor (a b)
>           "Exclusive or."
>           (if a (not b) b))
>        #+END_SRC
>
> Once again, this sounds like saying that my documents _must_ be Org
> formatted, or the feature won't work.
>
> Do you see the point now?

I see your point, but you can't blame Org for it.  For all those
powerful features to work - under plain text - the Org people had to
invent some sort of "markup" language.  I guess they were just the first
to succeed with this "organiser" idea, utilising disparate Emacs modules
(folding, Calc, calendar, BBDB, GNUS, Elisp, dired, ...) from *one*
major mode.  It is this unifying approach which is most important, I
want my document for capturing, organising and storing information, I
need to calculate and visualise information and also that the very same
sources can be published as well.

And I don't have a problem with its formatting (just an unavoidable
thing in general) because I experience Org as an enabler of Emacs'
functionality triggered from *one* document.  So for me Org is as much
Emacs and more as, for example, dired is!

         Dieter

--
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm