Re: Building master on Windows fails with undefined reference to `__buil

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Building master on Windows fails with undefined reference to `__builtin_assume_aligned'
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 12:52:07 +0200

On 06/26/2016 11:00 AM, martin rudalics wrote:
Something else must be at work here.  Note that I do not get the errors
with CFLAGS='-O0 -g2 -gdwarf-2' (from my debug-build options).

It's odd that you do not get the errors in that case. Perhaps you are invoking a different version of GCC when you compile with -O3? If so, it's possible you'll have problems elsewhere too; in general if you configure with GCC version X, then you may run into problems if you then build Emacs with some other GCC version.

gcc (GCC) 4.6.2

Thanks, that helped identify a typo that is most likely causing your problem. I installed the attached patch to fix it.