Re: Spurious "file errors" when making master

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Spurious "file errors" when making master
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 10:16:03 +0200

> OK, thanks, I installed something into master which should work for your
setup.

Thanks.

> This area is a house of cards if you ask me (Emacs should not be
> fooling around with Git internals!) but I didn't attack the larger
> problem.

IIUC you nevertheless did that in the meantime.  But it seems that I
can't test any fix because git now seems to have populated
/home/martin/emacs-git/quick/.git/refs/heads again.  Maybe that
directory is empty only following an (automatic?) GC until the next
pull.  I will try to watch the behavior of git in this regard in the
future.

Thanks again for your efforts, martin