Re: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 11:48:50 -0400

  > It should possible for a _user_ to easily decide this, and not
  > just for the most recent lines from *Messages*.

  > Users should be able choose the default behavior for themselves -

Maybe it would be more useful to ask this question each time
the user runs report-emacs-bug.

It could ask, "Should Emacs insert information on your recent editing
into the bug report?  (If you say yes, you will be able to delete any
parts of that text from the mail buffer.)"  If the user says yes to
this, it should insert all the data we would find useful.  If no, then
none of it.

This should be enough to protect the user anyone from leaking anything private.

--
Dr Richard Stallman