Re: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 20:25:39 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> In case it wasn't clear, I object strenuously to unconditional removal
> of that info as the default behavior.

Your opinion here is, of course, very important -- you are the one that
handles most of the bug reports.

But I'm wondering why our experiences here are so different.  I don't
think I've ever found those messages important for handling a bug
report.  I mean, ever.  Do you often find that those messages are
important for tracking down bugs?

The few times I've even glanced at them, they've have mostly been about
something completely irrelevant -- what the user had been doing while
trying to figure out how to file the bug report, and not about what had
happened when the bug happened.